Things are going better and better here in France. Today I got my cell phone (email me at dweigel07@gmail.com if you want the number) and opened my french bank account. It was actually a lot simpler than I'd expected, due mostly in part to the woman helping us, she was fabulous.
Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I just haven't been able to find the time to take my own computer to the internet cafe yet. It's on my to-do list for this week so hopefully by Friday you'll all have some great photos.
Kelsey asked what I've been eating and the truthful answer is not much. I've been so busy\tired that eating has come lower on the list. Danielle (another Chartres assistant from England) and I did go out for a very nice meal at a creperie last night. I had a wonderful glass of local wine, a savory crepe with an egg and bacon and good cheese, and a cup of tea to top it off. So that was rather pleasant. Otherwise it's mostly been fruit on the go, though I did find a pain au chocolat today. Not particularly good one however, so I'll have to be sure to find another patisserie.
Keep checking for photos and have a great week!!
2 comments:
was the bacon crispy? mine was not, i thought they made a mistake and gave me ham, but maybe it was just canadian bacon-ish but does that mean there is no crispy bacon in france?!!
Glad to read that things are coming along so well.
Post a Comment